Adoption – Why We Do What We Do:
At the Law Offices of Kelly Y. Reiter, our primary goal in assisting you is to provide the most effective, sensitive, objective and reasonable advice as you navigate the adoption process.
Our Legal Philosophy
Kelly Reiter has been involved in adoptions since 2000. At the Law Offices of Kelly Y. Reiter, we recognize that providing legal assistance in this field is unlike any other responsibility assumed by an attorney. We understand the process you undertake as prospective adoptive parents, and believe you deserve…
- Support with complex and sometimes emotional matters
- Clear, thorough and logical recommendations guided by our knowledge and experience
- Assistance with all required legal and procedural steps
We encourage you to call the Law Offices of Kelly Y. Reiter at (415) 457-0700 to discuss the details of your adoption. During this call we will discuss the steps involved, any issues of concern to you, and legal costs. Our offices are in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we work with clients all over California as well as other states, often entirely by phone, fax, email and standard mail. There is no charge or commitment for this informational first call.
Common Legal Steps:
While legal actions in adoptions can vary depending on circumstances, most involve:
- Providing general advice about all aspects of the process
- Resolving parental rights of the biological parents
- Finalizing adoption – when you become legal parents