Family Mediation Is Holistic and Affordable
More and more couples are choosing family mediation rather than the litigation process to settle their divorce and child custody issues. By choosing mediation, they make a commitment to work together to reach an amicable agreement. By resolving their differences out of court, they maintain control over their decisions, rather than putting their destiny in the hands of a judge.
Since 2010, Attorney Kelly Reiter has provided child-focused mediation services, helping couples realistically sort out their issues surrounding divorce, child custody and child support. Even in very contentious situations, Kelly has enabled parents to view their situation through the eyes of their children, helping them keep the lines of communication open. Her depth of expertise as a family law attorney helps her clients reach fair, equitable and more lasting agreements.
What is the role of a Family Law Mediator?
A family law mediator is truly a neutral third party, who doesn’t “work” for either spouse. A mediator cannot give advice to one party over the other and must remain neutral, regardless of the situation.
- When you need or want to have an ongoing relationship with your spouse, mediation can help improve communication, which may avoid future conflicts.
- Mediation is much less expensive than taking your issue to court. A typical divorce mediation may cost $5000 – $10,000, while divorce litigation may cost $25,000 – $50,000.
- Mediation is more expedient than litigation, so you can move on with your life more quickly.
- You and your spouse can maintain control over your situation, rather than the court deciding what is best for you and your family.
- Mediation is less stressful, since discussions are usually amicable.
- Mediation is confidential, which enables you to be completely candid without the fear that your personal information will become public.
- Mediation agreements can be changed through subsequent mediation, if your circumstances change.